View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #100
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Ultra Family and Hauler Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
Before you put to many miles on this thing, check all the fluids and make sure the drain/fill plugs are tight in all reservoirs...

Sorry, i couldnt help myself...

That was pretty low.

For those that don't know yesterday I drove this to work and the engine oil pan drain plug fell out. I stopped it before it was totally out of oil. My brother brought a different drain plug and my dad brought some oil. We put the drain plug in and oil in, fired it up and it was fine. Drove it with no issues. Later I started it up and it had a slight knock. Now it will be getting a rebuilt engine. It really stinks because I checked everything but the oil pan drain plug. I was just under it yesterday morning checking stuff and the drain plug was dry and had no signs of being loose. So yes, check them all before driving a big project........
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote