View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 05:44 PM   #942
SCOTI

Re: "Crewcab Jake" the 84 to 74 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
The 2 mm is very pliable. It is indented with small square in a grid pattern to make it very flexible.

The 7 mm is a bit harder to work with. Its a 5 mm high density "felt" type material that is layered on 2 mm butyl. We used a small roller and the side of a spray paint can to conform it to the curves.
That sounds like the difference between our installs. Mine has the vibration isolation material; then dense, close cell foam for sound isolation, & then that's topped w/a MLV sheeting/noise barrier. Once the carpet was added (that still had jute padding in some areas) it was a handful to get things in place. Seat bracket holes, console mounting, door sill trim, air-line routing, seatbelt mounts etc.... I know you know how that all plays out.

I haven't purchased the materials beyond the vibration isolation/butyl pads leftover from the Dually (I ordered enough for two builds @ the time). So I'm prob going to give the stuff a try on the 64.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote