View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #11
1968 baby blue C10

Re: 1968 Chevy C10 base front end color questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms68cst View Post
The grill color of the base 68 is a bit of an enigma. Some base 68's had silver grill/no hood-eyebrow trim and some got painted white with hood-eyebrow chrome trim. I have some pictures on my computer that I will try to find. The nose on your truck looks like it was painted from the factory with the silver nose - no trim. The color of the bumper should be silver as I recall.

I think the grill inserts on the white noses should be flat black. Not sure about the silver noses. If the nose was painted white, so was the front bumper unless it was equipped with the chrome bumper option or a CST.
Thanks for all the info. It really does seem to be an enigma. A lot of what I’ve seen seems like the trucks with white tops had white noses. But only consistently if the A pillars were painted white also. It seems kind of rare to even find a picture of a truck with a silver grill. There’s so many options it seems no choice is wrong haha.
"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." -Thomas Hildern
1968 baby blue C10 is offline   Reply With Quote