Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 12:23 AM   #594
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
I think you'll be happy you made this change. Are you going to be able to use your radiator with the thread issue?
Yeah radiator is fine. Just can't use it for trans anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
I agree with MDPotter in that I think you'll be better off with the separate Derale cooler. Did you happen to call Derale and talk to them about your build to see what their recommendations were? I don't want to scare you, but when I did they recommended a larger cooler. They asked me details about engine size, transmission, tire size, 2WD or 4WD, etc. They told me I should use the PN 13960, which is a 25-row stack plate cooler with fan that is remote mounted. I told them I like the idea, but really didn't want to get into remote mounting with fan wiring, relay, blah, blah, blah. They said if I used that same cooler without the fan and remote mounting, but get it into air flow at the front of the truck it would be fine, so that's what I went with. You can see it on my K10 build thread.
Nah. I know a couple guys on here that only used that heat sink style cooler only and they haven't had any issues yet, but I don't think they daily drive them. And I have the ability to read the trans temp so I will monitor it but I think I will be just fine.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote