Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 01:54 PM   #599
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Headlights

I went LED for every bulb in this truck. Headlights came from LMCTRUCK. I liked the built-in T-bar for Daytime Running Lights(DRL). I thought they would look pretty mean coming down the road.

I ended up having to cut the buckets for them to fit as the heat sink on the back of these are hefty. But no big deal. First bucket I went small, made a first cut, then needed to make another cut a little bigger. I ended up using my new tool. Harbor Freight new brand pneumatic body saw. I got the electric version back when I started a couple years ago and I was not impressed. Hardly used it. Then watching shows where guys were always using them I just went for it. And boy am I impressed. Night and Day difference electric to pneumatic. This thing is badaZZ quite frankly.

Lots of pics here. They pretty much speak for themselves. Before I built the wiring harness connectors I just held the wires to the headlights to make sure I had low beam and high beam correct before soldering

Last pics are the protectors I bought for them. Also from LMC. They seem to be worth it so far. They were easy to install. Following directions. That's about it. Kinda like your cell phone screen protectors but with UV protection and they are supposed to withstand a #1 rock at 120mph no headlight damage.

Stock bucket. No bueno jose...

They fit now

DRL only:

Low Beam:

High Beam:

Lense Protectors:

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote