View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
MattPSU

Finally, a 72 for me!

I finally found a truck after more then 8 weeks of searching!

It's a 1972 Chevy Cheyenne, short bed/wheel base, 2wd, 350/auto. It was the 10th truck I've looked at, and it wasn't even for sale! The UPS guy who delivers where I work told me about it when I told him I was looking for a 67-72 Chevy.

It's been in the owners family since new. He was going to restore it with his son, but he lost interest (got into Mustangs???). They haven't done anything with it in more than 2 years other than drive it occasionally, and he agreed that it should have a better home/life.

Runs like a champ and it virtually rust free for a 40 year old truck. Rockers and cab corners have been replaced professionally and the cab supports look like they're new. Comes with all of the original parts (I know its missing the cowl, moldings, markers, etc - but it's all there), a stack of new parts, and all of the AC components from another 72.

I'm picking it up on Friday and I'll post some more photos once it get it home.

Thanks to all of you who gave input on some of the other trucks that I looked at and for giving me advice in general. Several of you suggested that I find something that was minimal rust rather than the options/specifics that I wanted, and that was the route that I went. I think I'll be glad I went that way.

Look forward to me asking a thousand questions.

-Matt,
Lyman, SC
Attached Images

MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote