View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #234
68Stepbed

Re: Project: LS1ick68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cole View Post
Awesome build! I read the whole thread, great job! One question, what instrument gauges did you use?

Thanks.
Thanks for the compliment. As for gauges, that's the one area that I've never been able to do right. It seems like every time I go to upgrade, something else gets the attention. As of now, I still have a factory cluster, with the fuel gauge being the only thing working in it. I was never able to get the speedo working with the correct fittings in the transmission, the tach died shortly after getting it installed, the oil pressure was always pegged, I never got the correct sending unit for the coolant temp, and the volt meter just doesn't work. For now, I'm using one of those inexpensive 3 gauge clusters mounted at the bottom of the dash.

Yes, for all the other stuff I've done, this seems strange to overlook something so simple. I've actually started to build a cluster out of an old glove box door, but it stalled out when the suspension upgrade began. Hopefully, once it's back up and running, I'll get back to it.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote