View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #12
5Tractorguy

Re: 1964 GMC 4X4 Longbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Thought I recognized that name!!! I been watchin you on youtube! Great to see ya found out about this forum. I'm in! I have a 64 GMC 1500 with a 305E I'm having fun with myself. So far I have put a 600 edelbrock 4 barrel on the beast. Too much torque now. haha
Hey TJ! I knew that truck looked familiar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Gotta love the washtub to keep rain out of the engine. I'm currently doing a 250 six/manual trans to 350/TH350 swap on the wrong side (outside) of my garage, so I can appreciate what you're dealing with. Thank goodness mine's on pavement, and the garage is in the back so the neighbors don't complain. That's me on the right.
Sounds like you got a good project there Mike. I like that '82 also! I have an '88 1ton dump that is my daily driver, 350tbi with TH400. Luckily at our house we have a paved drive to work on that is somewhat level, those pics were from my fathers friends place which is all gravel and dirt.

Finally got things rolling today on the cab. (I'm using the cab off the maroon parts truck and the gold Chevy cab for parts). Cut out a section of the drivers side floor along with rockers. Tacked in floor patch, cut door post to fit new piece and cut out for kick panel. My dad found some rust inhibitor stuff in a spray can that is supposed to be very good (it's a 2 part), and it came with a 18" wand. So I sprayed all up inside the door post to try and stem the rust. When the roof comes off for repair I'll spray the top half of the post.

Name:  DSCN0257.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  97.0 KB Name:  DSCN0277.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  102.9 KB

Name:  DSCN0229.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  63.0 KB Name:  DSCN0269.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  DSCN0273.jpg
Views: 940