View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 08:41 PM   #21
Thealien

Re: Looking for suspension suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I was going to add his info but felt the OP was looking to minimize the sources for parts acquisition. Tin Works is def making some nice parts.
No matter what I doubt I'll find everything in 1 place so I am open to options.

Since I am paying for labor I am trying to avoid buying parts from 2 different places and having fitment issues and the two manufacturers or suppliers blaming each other. Been there done that.

This project started out that I was going to drive for a year and then get painted. When it arrived I was so disappointed in the amount of rust in the rockers, kick panels, and floor that all went out the window. My $25,000 Blazer and $10-15,000 paint job has turned into the point of no return. I am 59 years old and plan to keep this until the day I die so I want to do it right once. I even considered a Roadster shop Chassis (and a few others, nobody does or wants to do a chassis with only a 2-3" drop). By the time all the parts and labor are considered its not a whole lot more if I compare adding all the same parts to my old chassis. What finally turned me off of that idea is on top of the cost of the Chassis I would have to pay $2000 engineering fee since they have not done a stock height 2 wheel drive Blazer before. If I wanted a slammed Chassis they have done those and I would not have to pay the engineering fee but would have to alter my floor, wheel wells, and hood hinges at the bare minimum. I asked if we could lower the stock height chassis 2" and they said no? So much for that engineering fee?

Thanks for everyone's help. Open to other options and advise. I want to avoid making mistakes and throwing money away. You know kind of like buying this Blazer LOL.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote