View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 10:29 PM   #31
HO455
Post Whore

Re: ???Coolant Temperature Sending Unit???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the pusher/puller fan air flow reducer situation...but I wouldn't give up my mechanical puller fan...I would just add an electric pusher fan in front of the radiator.

Woody
Currently other than the grille you have no restriction in front of the radiator. Adding a pusher fan will restrict air flow through the radiator in the area where the fan mounts and in the center of the fan where the motor is. In addition at speed it is possible for the pusher fan to create a high pressure bubble that prevents air from entering the fan blades and the radiator behind them. Even though the fan blades are moving they are still flat objects that 20-30% of the incoming air will hit and bounce off of. The faster the incoming air is the harder it bounces off of the blades.
The devil is in the details when adding a pusher fan. Matching the performance of the 2 fans so they complement each other is where the real work is.
Some late model high performance Corvettes have both a puller fan and a pusher fan that the base model Vettes don't get. GM discovered a need for more cooling and then carefully engineered a solution. I have no knowledge as to how or when the fans operate or are controlled. Or even what the goal was. I've just seen them and was surprised to see the pusher fan.

I just noticed you have A/C. How is the air flow through the condenser?
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote