View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #12
jeffahart

Re: What Brakelines Do I Need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
He won't have to worry about ugly bends with the Nicopp tubing because it is so easy to bend. I double flare the Nicopp tubing holding the flaring tool in my hands without any problems.

LockDoc
I may try this Nicopp for myself. I am going to gut my whole brake system this weekend. I'm installing a hydroboost. I will be changing out the lines as well. I actually have most of the parts warming the bench... but I need hard lines. I did a hasty line install after my axle swaps knowing I would be going through the whole brake system later on.

Hey doc, how do you cut your lines, do use a pipe cutter or saw and file? On tougher steel I like to cut and file. I have a piece of flat steel with holes drilled into it. I lay this on the flaring clamp with line protruding so I can file square without marring my flaring tool. Then I chamfer a bit around the edge. Just thinking I might pipe cut if the Nicopp is a bit softer. I have several small pipe cutters I use for copper plumbing. But I'm paranoid about square cuts.