View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 10:26 PM   #22
SCOTI

Re: trailing arms: Goodmark vs. ECE vs. OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKotze View Post
Good points, and I agree in part. For my next build I was planing on tube arms because in my (simple) mind they would partly act like a sway bar IF used with poly bushings, regular rubber would support binding, as you stated. This pickup will be a street truck, no off-road use, that can go down the straight line slightly quicker than stock. And I agree, a binding suspension would be undesirable in any circumstance, while a rather stiff rear end would (hopefully) enhance traction.
I'm no expert but in a track application, I wonder if any binding impacts the ability to tune the set-up? So if I was doing tubular T/A's, I'd use a Delrin or Spherical set-up on the front mount so it pivots freely & both rubber/poly don't. There are also guys putting down sub 1.50 60ft times w/the factory T/A's. I'd make a decision to use tubular vs OE on any possible weight difference.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote