Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #161
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Jeff,
All sounds good, these trucks are all new to me, my research shows you can go low 12s and into the 11s with just a little tweaking of the rear suspension. I have a C/SA NHRA car ( stocker) that is totally different then these trucks. Do you have a plan for controlling the trans, that could be fun getting it all worked out. The right parts will make all the difference from what I researched. Do you know what series 4L80E you have e.g. the year of the electronics inside. If I remember correct their are different plug-in configuration for early vs late. You probably know all this, if it would help I have some GM service manuals for certain diesels 4l80Es, they had controllers for the trans only. Not all diesels have these controllers, e.g. 1 ton vans, old UPS trucks, early diesels w/ 4L80E.

Sounds like fun to be driving w/ 400 HP, I am still in body shop, hope to be home soon.

Les
still got to do my homework on that. im sure thats an issue. i want the right shifting to happen for sure (gotta be right) gotta find the right combo. 4 spd floor shifter im assuming the 4l80e is a newer model 2005 i see the lokar shift rods used for it alot. i need to make this swap, but the trucks cruising soo good i cant bring myself to rip into it, untill i have the cash to clean up some of these mysteries. if it was just the labor id be into it already. "i will endevor to persevere." decided to use the truck exhaust manifolds and the radiator thats in it. still got to get a fuel pump./power steering lines/move trans crossmember/driveshaft mod/trans mount. and im sure theres more. its not like throwing another stroker or big block in with a th 350 or 400 behind it. im gonna be cruising into uncharted territory for sure.-jeff
Attached Images

jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote