View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
PoDuck

Re: Introduction and a couple issues with rewiring '62

Thanks guys. So far, so good. I'm still having trouble finding the place where the wires for the starter should go through the firewall. If the connection I found is for tail light wires, that still leaves me without a proper place for the starter wires to go through the firewall.

As for the wiring kit, the one I got was the classic update series, which I have found to be pretty close to the stock wiring as far as connections go. Almost everything could attach to the stock harness.

I only really have two complaints about it so far. First, the new ignition they give isn't quite right. The stock bezel won't fit the threads on it, and the bezel they have looks out of place. Second is the fact that I have the metal handle on the vent doors, and the new fuse panel comes down so far that it takes some man handling to get it to close all the way because of interference with the bottom of the fuse panel. That one I can probably fix by bending the handle down a bit, but it would seem they should have seen that one coming and mention it in the instructions at least.
PoDuck is offline   Reply With Quote