View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #44
hillytim69

Re: 99+up common problems

After reading through this thread I'm only more disappointed with my 2000 4.8/4l60E Silverado 4x4. It has the "towing package" with 3.73 gears and whatever else that entails. This thing can't climb up a slight grade without downshifting every 30 sec even with my small utility trailer loaded down with a Murray riding mower. I know only its a 4.8 but they claim 285 horse or something? It has no torque whatsoever. I miss my 95 Z71 5.7 TBI, it had nothing above 4000 rpm but had lots of grunt down low and could pull my boat up a hill easily. Not to mention the annoying column clunking, piston slap, burnt out radio buttons, $1000 abs pump repair, overdrive shift solenoid, blower motor resistor, noisy ac compressor etc. This truck is a weak, cheap built POS. Now I hear you guys saying the 07 ups are worse?? I've always had Chevy trucks but am ready to throw in the towel on these newer ones. Lots of you say you won't buy another but tell me what new truck out there is worth buying? I'm tempted to cross the line and go with a F150. At least the 5.4 has low end torque, that is what a truck motor is supposed to have right? I know the Chevy LS series engines are screamers which is great for a Vette or camaro,but what good is that in a truck?
hillytim69 is offline   Reply With Quote