View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
LSXTravis

Re: Travis' Tribute Truck - 65 Chevy C-10 Camper Special

Hey Scott,

It is really cool that you are building the truck with yours and your brother's ideas and keeping his memory alive with the build. And the fact that you are going to pass this truck down to your son is even more cool. I really do like your truck and it is one neat truck.

I really like the idea of the 383 build for the truck, but IMO you don't need to have 500hp/500tq to have fun in one of these trucks and if you plan on giving this truck to your son when he is 16 yrs old then you may want to consider a motor with not as much HP/TQ. Like I said this is just my opinion only.

If you are going to put in a 5spd transmission into your truck have you considered the Keisler RSO 500/600? It is called a perfect fit for most muscle cars...I am not sure about the trucks like the ones we have though. This may be another option for you to consider for your truck.

I am also in the same position as you are with paint and body work. I have worked on my cars and helped my dad with his cars for years but I have no idea what I should do when it comes to paint and body. I think I am going to look for a guy on here or get some recommendations for a shop near by that could assist me with the paint and body for my truck. BTW I am going to paint my 1964 C10 Black with the white stripe on the side and the fawn interior with the bench seat. The eng/trans combo??? The jury is still out on that one.

Best wishes on your build and I will watch your thread as it comes along. Take care and have a great Thanksgiving holiday with your family.

V/R,

Travis
LSXTravis is offline   Reply With Quote