View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
mrein3

Re: What kind of beer do you drink while working on your truck? Pix or it didn't happ

You guys like that store bought stuff. Eh? I can't share any pictures because my beer comes out of a bottle with no label.

I prefer to roll my own. I developed a couple of lagers I'm partial to. "Lindstrӧm Lager" I came up with when I lived in the nearby town of Lindstrom. I had a heck of a time recreating it at my current house. I ended up having to go to my old neighborhood and get the water from a friend down there. Lindstrom residents don't understand how good their town's well water is.

The other one I like is "Matt's Pils". It is similar to Linstrom Lager but I used a Czech Pilsner yeast. Yum yum. I get thirsty just thinking about it. I have enjoyed a Pilsner Urquell out of the tap in the Czech Republic and I'm not saying that Matt's Pils is better, however until I go back Matt's Pils is as close as I'll get.

If I have to go store bought it is pretty tough to beat a Summit Extra Pale Ale. Summit started out as a craft brewer in St. Paul in 1986. They are now crossing the line into bigger production but somehow manage to keep the beer good unlike your Buds and other mass produced crap out there.

Another good one on the shelves comes out of New Ulm, MN. Schell's Brewing Company. They claim to be the 2nd oldest family owned brand out there. Established in 1860 - that's REALLY old for MN. Remember up until the 1855 treaty this was indian country. MN wasn't even a state until 1858. Schell survived the indian uprising of 1890, prohibition, and continue to turn out good brews today. You can find their flag ship "Deer Brand" in cans which is nice when you're out on the pontoon or out in the fish house.

When its hot, and I mean middle of summer, sweat when you step outside hot, you can't beat a Miller High Life from the bottom of the cooler.

Remember, the hotter it gets, the cheaper your beer can be. I can even choke down a Budwiser if the beer is really cold and I'm dying of thirst.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote