View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #166
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Well then, I guess I'd be going that route. Only problem is garage space... I'm out of it. I don't have room for much anymore. My wife has a 2013 explorer that FILLS one side of the garage, and makes using any space next to her drivers side completely useless. I still get dirty looks and sighs of frustration when I see her getting out.

I know it would benefit me to just go buy a press and make some room for it since I'll eventually need to be replacing my bushings on the truck arms, and likely on my GTO when I switch to tubular control arms. I'm sure I'd find a use for it many times. I've wanted an engine hoist for a year now so I can pull my engine to clean and paint it, but I can't find room for it either.

I'm not in a hurry to get them done. The truck is still together and the LCA's are sitting on my work bench. They've been painted with rattle-can etching primer and semi gloss black to keep them from rusting, but that's it. Haven't been willing to deal with this heat to get them installed. I'd be glad to bring them to you, or meet you somewhere if you're on your way through town. I'd be glad to do it on your schedule since I'm not doing anything with it right now anyway. You'd save me a few headaches too.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote