View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #45
Spartan

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Was looking at cl for another 4x4 J4500 (1969) and saw the ad. Memories of my dads 69-70 panel and old divco came streaming back. My dad and uncle were hippie loggers and fire jumpers in the early 70's and had a few of these. It's what sparked my desire for old 4x4 trucks. After shedding a few tears I called my friend who found it covered in brambles where it was parked when the original owner passed. He didn't title it so I am the second owner. I gave him a bit of cash and traded him an 89 commanche 1 ton I was going to turn into a safari/rock crawler to deliver it to me.

I blame my dad and uncle for inheriting a love for old stuff. They were inspirational. They lived fast and died too young but were around long enough to show me just how well built 60's stuff could be. The logging/mining and wild places vehicles just hit that nerve and I wish I could restore them all but most served such brutal lives...

Since my first one I've spotted three more in brambles waiting for me to do some archeology and rehab on them.

Cheers

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote