Thread: 72 Blazer
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #13
Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally posted by bouncytruck
I didn't think they had the dana 20s in 72. My truck was originally a 307/ 3-on-the-tree/dana 20 combo. It now has a 350/TH350/NP203. Someday, I'll switch the 203 out for a 205. I paid $4K for mine. A couple of small bubbles in the paint and a hole in the driver side floor board, but everything else is solid. It came with a soft and hard top, but the rear hatch on the hard top is thrashed. New '35s and a mild built 350.
Yeah they did but they were bottom of the line trucks usualy with 292 or 250 I6. The shifter was usualy on the tree.

My buddy had one and that's how it was stock. Checked the RPO's on the truck and it showed that it was a 292 originaly with colum shift. Somebody put a 327 in it along the way. He yanked the 327 after it spun a bearing and put a 350 in it with the double humps off the 327 with a 700r4 and 208. Yeah sounds bad but that truck was strong!

Then he nosed it in over a water bar. Motor went fowars and snapped a rams horn off at the colector on the engine mount on the frame on the driverside. Stripped three of the adaptor to tranny bolts out when the front drive shaft bottomed out The 4th stayed bolted but that section broke off and stayed with the adaptor.

I tried to get him to pick up a core 700 we could swap guts into but he wanted to be a cheap skate and to try to fix it.

I swear to god I helicoiled the remaing three then dilled the broke one off deeper and helicoiled it. I JB welded the broken peice back on. Made a bracket to go between the mount and the 2wd mount boss to give it some strength. REAL Booty fab repair were talking about here. He pounded on that truck for almost 2 years without any problems and then sold it. The new owner pounded on it another 6 months and the guy aired the truck and knocked the case clean off and the motor hit the radaitor. LOL
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote