View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #4
bowtieguy79
Ephesians 2:8

Re: 1979 C10....The last 20 years

Its been 5 years since that awesome road trip. The 79 has changed just a little bit.

I have lowered it, finally... axle flip in the rear with a C notch and 2" drop coils and 2.5" drop spindles up front. It has a nice stance finally.

I also spent a little coin with LMC truck parts and got the interior spruced up. I was able to get color match paint from local paint shop for door panels and kick panel speakers as well.

Huge improvement

Got the frame painted in the rear and looking nice again.

Kids love it, this is my then 2 year old girl enjoying a trip to the gas station.

A little action shot going down the road.

And this is what its all about for me. I am now able to share this huge part of my life for nearly 20 years with my kids. My son is now 8. He'll get the truck at some point. I will raise him to appreciate just how special memories like this can be. I started out with my dad on this truck, he's helped me get it to where its at, and I want my boy to help me do the same for years to come.

I drove it into work today, probably the last day of 2015 I'll drive it. I love my old truck, so many great memories. Thanks for looking.

Brad

bowtieguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote