View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
75Dually

1968 GMC Terra Firma 2

So I messed up the first time around and accidently put this thread in the 73-87 Project Builds. So here we go again!

A new project came my way over the Christmas break. The below 1968 GMC. I have been looking through Craigslist for the past couple of years, and this truck showed up with an amazing price. I jumped on it right away and the previous owner even delivered it to the shop!

Right now it is a long bed 3/4 ton. The cab and front end are super straight. The bed on the passenger side is not in the best of shape, but can be fixed. The engine is a 305 V6, and I am going to rebuild the carb and get it to run on the original power plant for now. My plan is to put either: 1. 350 small block, 2. 454 big block, 3. (or my current preference) an LS motor. We will have to see what the budget is after I finish my Dually. This truck will get bagged and slammed to mother earth and lay frame. I will shorten the frame and do a short bed conversion. Not 100% sure on wheels just yet, still looking at some ideas. I want a Porterbuilt front suspension, and the rear I want an IRS either out of a Vette or maybe I will build something custom. Again the budget will have to be consulted.

BTW you can see my current project below. It is a 1975 Chevy dually. Some of you may have already seen it here on this forum. I am trying to get it complete enough to go to the 2016 Lone Star Throwdown at the end of February.

Stay tuned...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote