View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #87
Kid

Re: New project & forum jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDriver View Post
How is the lizzard skin working for you? Do you like it better than the Dynamat you used in your other build?? Beautiful truck! Hopefully going with an LS motor in my 57 soon!
I'm glad I used the Lizard skin, I think it makes for a quieter ride & seems to keep the heat out better also. I also used some "Damplafier Pro" on the floor over the Lizzard skin. (similar to Dynamat) just for good measure. No real measurements done to compare tho, just my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Kid,
WOW that thing is beautiful. I went to the link to the Classic Truck shots and I'd like to ask what gas tank you used to get that final location for the cap? I like it better than the hidden-behind-a-door style.
What a great looking truck. Do you know the exact color name? Is it a stock mfg color from some year?
Thanks Dan, I custom built a aluminum fuel tank, then mounted it behind the rear end & just used the stock filler neck, rubber gasket & cap that I removed from the cab & mounted it in the fender. The color has no name, but I found it in the paint chip book for Dupont "single stage". Someone once told me the color looked like "Southwetsern Bell" green.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote