View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #109
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

It was suppose to fit but it didn’t
Making it fit and improvement

A neighbor of mine did welding for a living and was laid off two months ago. Wanting to improve my welding skills (they could definitely use improvement) we struck a deal where I would do all the fabbing and set up along with the finish grinding and he would show me how to weld it for pay by the hour. This is what I would call a win win arrangement, I get a one on one instructor to improve my welding and he gets a few dollars to help him between jobs. You can see some of his welding in the pictures below.

When I bought the seats for the truck from Discount Van-Truck-SUV-RV I also picked up their seat frame that was made for the 67 – 72 Chevy pickups. The slotted holes did not line up with the holes in the floor so I fill welded them up and located them where they needed to be. I also added two steel plates to give added support to the frame legs, this is probably over kill and could have just added a smaller gusset angle to the legs but the steel was just laying around the shop looking for a home (HA HA).

It seems to me that when you relocate your gas tank on the forum build thread you need to show you’re filling of the filler neck hole in the cab. Not wanting to brake with what seems like a tradition I’m showing mine. I did find that cutting the filler plate with a 3-1/4 inch BiMetal hole saw is a perfect fit for the hole. Now all that left is a skim coat of bondo to bring the slight curve to the surface and no will know that a hole was there.

Name:  Seat-stand-.jpg
Views: 11879
Size:  101.0 KB

Still learning aft many years, keep learning and enjoy your builds