View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 04:42 PM   #21
RustyPile

Re: *Turn Signal Not working*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippi View Post
No lights on the dash fellows. Well I'm glad it's probably not the switch. The only thing I saw that might be an issue was inside the right side bulb socket the two contacts seem to be all the way to one side and one was touching the bulb socket. I used a flathead screw driver and moved it over and tried the turn signal but got nothing. If it's the bulb socket that may be bad would I be able to probe the wire before it goes into the bulb socket and get my test light to flash?
That's exactly how it's done.. The light may not flash because the test light bulb may not draw enough current to flash... But if the light comes on, flashing or not, then I'd suspect a problem with the bulb socket or bulb.. Be sure your test light is well grounded.. While you're at it, make sure the light housing is well grounded..

Most "normal" GM turn indicators are tied in with the front turn signals.. But in your case, who knows.. If the harness in your truck follows the "normal" GM color code, the light blue and blue wires are split off into two of each.. One pair (light blue/blue) goes to the front turn signals and the other pair goes to the turn indicators in the dash.. I can't say that for a fact, but it would be the most logical layout...
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote