View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #65
ryanroo

Re: K30 Downgrade to Cummins Project

are you putting casters on the stand? i would make sure the front side of the stand will work with your engine crane. mine is a little bit of a pain. i have plans to build my own engine crane to work with and stand proud next to frankenstand.

i would direct drive the box. putting a sprocket on it will put a radial load on the shafts, and add a lot of slop to the system. unless it is perfectly balanced, which it cant be as you add or remove parts, it will overcenter and jerk. mine still does it as it takes the lash out of the connections and worm gear, but it is very minor. also, i am curious about the adapter plate to shaft connection. it seems like the bolt pattern is a little small.

what is the material being used for everything? and the spacing on the separated column? it looks really wide. i am interested in the simulated load readings. we never ran mine through the EFA program. but the real world test has proven the design..

as far as shop space, it will eat tons of it. mine is like having a VW in the garage. but it is pretty darn cool! also, the most important question is, what color will it be painted? Pink?

looking forward to more!

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote