View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
raidmagic

Project daily driver

Well I didn't intend to start this yet, kinda wanted to wait for the heat of summer to leave but there was a fatal occurrence in the transmission when I took it to work on Friday and I'm not spending any money on this drivetrain.
I bought this truck in November of 2017 with the intention of making it a daily driver. My daughter is 15 and rather than buy her a cheapo commuter car I decided to buy me a cool truck. She will be getting my truck (2007 Sierra) when she starts driving. Made more sense to me and gave me a chance to get back in a mid 60's Chevy. I drove one for years when I was in construction and lack of common sense and life got in the way and I sold it years ago. Always wanted another so here it is.

It came with a 6 cylinder and 3 speed on the column. Someone somewhere put a cam in it, 4 barrel and split header. Sounds great but it won't get out of it's own way and gets 10 mpg. Not something I'm willing to live with so I started parts gathering.
In the 1st week of owning it I determined it needed a new tank. The stock one was seeping at the seam underneath it and really making the cab a bad place to be. So I ordered a new tank and put that in along with all new fuel line and took the carb apart and cleaned it all out. It was quite a mess in there, There was a lot of crap in the stock tank. I guess that explained all the extra fuel filters the guy had on there.

Once that was done I just drove it and enjoyed it for a few months. The more I drove it the more little things started popping up until I had a major electrical failure. Instead of patching it up I just ordered a new harness and rewired the whole truck. When I took it all apart I found a small rust spot so I patched that up while I was there.

Last edited by raidmagic; 07-17-2018 at 10:36 AM.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote