View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 11:31 AM   #99
lukeembry

Re: 85 C10 LT/6L80 Frame off build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu60 View Post
We must think alike, as my build is pretty similar to what your doing (yours is nicer!) but I also have the American Autowire 83-87 kit on the shelf to install into my c10.

How was the wiring install? The directions look pretty good - it does seem like all the engine wiring stuff can be skipped with the LS swap - did you end up using any of those wires in the engine bay side or coil them up/cut them off?

If you have any other tips for the wiring install please let me know - it looks strait forward when its sitting in the box, but in real life is usually not so easy.
The harness is super nice, anything you don’t want to use you can unpin and save in case you need it later. The only engine stuff I used was the alternator trigger wire. I remember shortening the headlight/parking lot harness some for looks. Make sure you have the correct crimpers and it’s not bad at all. I spent about 2 weeks in the afternoon but I’m very picky about how things look and usually do things multiple times so it takes longer. Feel free to pm me if you have questions. Be glad to help.
lukeembry is offline   Reply With Quote