View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #122
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

So I finally got my Wide Open Throttle dialed in, aka WOT to the "new" recommended horse power Air Fuel Ratio AFRs of today, that being 13.0

Discliamer: Now I aint saying this is right, this is just a starting point that I have seen in multiple sources, Holley books, and Car Magazine articles, as well as my last dyno run and 11 AFR I was told was too rich as well, so we will start here

So my last Dyno showed that I was way too rich at WOT, and my AFR gauge confirmed it, I was running like a 11/10 driver side bank / passenger side bank

so here's the steps I went through to lean it out

I started by replacing my rear metering plate with a metering block, this allowed me to change jets instead of having to change plates

Next I set the carb to what it should have come from from the factory because my didn't [see On a Holley should the Secondary Jets be bigger than the Primary? so 64 primary jets / 69 secondary jets

-JETS - - - - - -AFR

64/69 - - - - - 12/11

64/67 - - - - - 12.2/12.2

62/67 - - - - - 12.5/12.5

62/65 - - - - - 13/13*

*had to adjust the Idle Mixture screws to richen it out some cause Idle was too lean as well as Cruise
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote