View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 11:37 PM   #42
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

I wasn't thrilled with the wheels on this truck since they weren't original and did not have the nubs for dog dish caps, so I had to make a change. I had two 15x6 4 nub wheels lying around so I blasted and painted them. I also went with a smaller 215/75 tire since the 235/75 looked too big on the front now that the truck is lower. This new look up front is much better!

I was also able to score a set of original dog dish caps. My truck was plain from the factory so this is the wheel/cap combo it would have rolled off the lot with.

For the rear, I wanted to run something that would fill the wheel well a little better so I opted for a Wheel Vintiques 15x8 Series 67 wheel. The wheel itself is very nice quality, however, there was very little clearance on the stock drum. I had read reviews that mentioned this and it is indeed very tight. I had to grind down the rough edges of the drum to enable a proper fitment.

The caps fit right on this wheel just as well as on the original wheels. Overall, I am satisfied with the wheel/tire combo (for now)

You may have noticed that my bed has been removed in these photos. I will fill in those missing details in the next post, but I warn you that if you are against cutting on a stock original truck you may want to leave this build thread immediately!
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote