View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 03:00 PM   #57
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Great fab work. I like where this is headed. Those wheels are huge to be tucked. What is the dia. on the fronts?

Keep it up

Marc
Thank you!

i'm always open to ideas, questions, or suggestions ya'll.

wheels are 17x6 but b/c dually, they are almost 8" back spacing. i do have a 2" wheel spacer in there though instead of the standard 4.5" dually spacer to help narrow it.

tires are General Grabber A/TX LT245/70R17 load range E. per TireRack they measure at 30.5" Dia, with a 9.8" section width, and 7.8" tread width.

the front should be less than an inch from the top inside of the fender, but the rear is where the problem comes in. for whatever reason, GM set the rear fenders lower on the bed. the damn body line doesn't even line up from the factory!! it's something like 2" lower, and i intend to raise the bed by that much to line things up and give me the extra height clearance in the back. it also gives me that much more depth inside the bed with the floor moved up over my rear axle. i hate sheet metal work, but i'll have to make a spacer to keep the step down at the rockers where they should be.

the cab clearance to the front tires at drop is ... "lacking" i'll at least fold the pinch seam over flat for a little more clearance, but i really hope to not have to notch the cab before i rub the fenders. i don't intend to drive around and try and steer that low, but i guess we'll see once i start driving it.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote