View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #21
Stepside Jim

Re: 1957 Chevy truck re-rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
Yep,that's what it means!!
Great, I didn't know about the Task Force until a couple months ago.

I love watching old car commercials. I have some tapes and DVD's. One of the last DVD's I bought had a long commercial from 1957.

It was based on a fleet of 57 Chevy trucks making what's called the Alcan run. Had I not seen that, I would have no idea of the task Force. Good stuff.

Also, I'm glad you like my desciptive posts, I have a build thread for a Willys truck going also. It began as a showing thread and has turned into a teaching thread. It's been very satisfying. I suppose I've carried the same narrative writings to this thread also.

I didn't have these next pics loaded into photobucket before. Sorry to say, I'm on dial-up, it takes forever to load pics.

This picture is of the day we started working on it. Don't be fooled by how nice it looks. As I mentioned before, it was all redone years ago, it just wasn't properly redone.

I will say however, I am very fortunate to start with a truck that is complete.

My intent was to give dad one fun truck. Something that was everyday reliable, yet had an aggressve attitude and plenty of power to make him smile from ear to ear. He had a 327 that had issues, right here I've taken out the 327 and fitting a 396 in it's place.
Stepside Jim is offline   Reply With Quote