Thread: 1971 GMC Donald
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 02:28 PM   #42
mxerhale

Re: 1971 GMC Donald

I did get pretty sidetracked with a family emergency, but things have calmed down again now.

Those tires are absolutely as far out as I think they can be without hitting, but I've put at least 200 miles on them without a problem. Unfortunately I can't remember the back spacing so I'll have to pull one off and measure it before saying. There's definitely room under the truck because it has about 2" of clearance on the inner side still!

Now, as for progress, I need to look back at my last posts and see if I've really done much more work. I have driven it a lot, probably 10 times to work and multiple trips around town. I've spent a lot of time learning how to tune the Terminator X Max and have it running really good almost everywhere. It's been in 97 degree traffic jams and on the other side of the spectrum has seen 9lbs boost a couple times. I am going to build a tune that is boost by MPH this winter and make it a little more controllable. It's as fun to drive as I ever imagined it would be, but it'll spin the tires and get a little sideways at 50MPH if I jump on the throttle. That's not a bad thing, but sometimes I want it to just hook and feel that acceleration.