View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
srvivor71

Re: Lift Kit Advice Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I've never dealt with Summit for truck stuff because they are a car place that only accommodates trucks since they have become an undeniable money-maker. You can buy this kit directly from Tuff Country for less. They distribute under the name Suspension Connection and here is the current cost on that kit. Shipping may make a difference,but the price for the kit itself is cheaper:
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/126103.html

Tuff Country makes high quality lift kits and will provide you with very good instructions. It's as easy as removing shocks,u-bolts and spring eye bolts,and drag link to steering arm end,then reinstalling. How difficult depends on how stubborn the bolts will be. Definitely pre-soak with PB Blaster and have a breaker bar handy. The worse case scenario is you may need cut-off wheel on a mini-grinder. You will probably need to make adjustment on your drag link (lengthen) to bring the steering wheel back to center with the wheels straight
Thanks Special K! Great information - and you saved me a bundle. Glad to hear what you say about the quality and instructions. Do you know if the leaf springs that come with the kit are to replace mine or to be in addition to them? I'm asking because my current springs look beefier than the ones in the kit.
srvivor71 is offline   Reply With Quote