View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #59
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

I decided to tackle the springs first, and in true application of the "joedoh rule" (if there exists a problem, I will have it), the last and most inaccessible bolt was stuck in the leaf.

these springs were newish, there was a record of them being replaced about 11k ago and they are definitely aftermarket JEI springs, so thats good. but I would bet pink frosted donuts that they reused the crusty leaf bolts. it bears mentioning, if they were stock springs the bolt would be facing the other way, GM puts them in so that they hit the gas tank if you try to remove them, so I would have probably cut it anyway. but cut I did.

I had to bent the mount slightly to get it out but no worries, the bolt will pull it back straight. I used a 14mm socket and another bolt and pounded it through.

I cleaned up the inside of the bushing with a round file and wire brushed a spare bolt (I have taken apart a lot of S10s) so it wouldnt be grabby for the next guy.

The Z85 leafs are highrider/heavy duty suspension, 3+overload. the normal s10 is 2+overload, but instead of taking the smallest I took the middle, so it should be slightly lower than a stock s10, about 1.5" or 3" total drop is what I am shooting for. I started by c clamping the pack and taking out the center bolt. then the pack came apart.

picture limit, next post
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote