View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #36
Johns 66

Re: 1965 C20 Dump truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6chevyguy View Post
Not much progress on the truck lately mostly just been trying to work bugs out of the engine. Had a small leak on the carburetor that I had to fix with gasket sealant (Yes I know it's not the best idea but it'll have to do for now)

Spent most of yesterday gaping the points, setting timing and fine tuning the carburetor and was able to drive it around for a while.

I'm hoping my coolant leak is fixed but I'm not for sure yet. Yesterday I looked at the oil cap and I saw a drop of water on it but I'm hoping it was just condensation or something....

I did run some stop leak in the engine yesterday so hopefully if there is a problem that will fix it... Hopefully....

All so on the problems list I don't think my vacuum advance is working.
I thought that is was but looking at it again I don't think it is. I'm pretty sure that I have it hooked up to the right vacuum port on the carb. so it must be something wrong on the distributor. So I'm going to have to figure that out sometime.

The real thing holding me back from getting what I really want done on the truck right now is money so it's just kinda a slow project for now.

All so guys I'm thinking of digging into my 76 c10 to see what doom awaits in that truck.... so be on the lookout for a build thread for that truck sometime soon!
Boy can I relate to getting the bugs out and the money it costs...…
Its funny when we use to have a leak we would put a tablespoon of grits in the radiator and soon....no more leak. Not real sure what that does to the motor but the leak was gone...lol

Itll come along, trust me I definitely know the feeling.
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote