View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 09:29 AM   #9
AHenry014

Re: 1955 GMC Big Window Step Side Build; LSx, IFS, IRS, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
check it at what you will running for ride height, actually driving height. the pic shown will have the rockers on the ground almost by the look of it. at ride height the wheel may be a bit forward for my liking, but it ain't my truck. if you like it then thats where it should be.
The third photo up is theoretical ride height. I believe i measured the rocker at around 6 or 7" off the ground, so it should be plenty high. However, i havent committed to anything but the extended shock ends. I mocked up the theoretical ride height and stuffed height for each extended eye (1" longer than stock or 2" longer). I think the 1" extended eye is going to be just about right. It leaves the control arms parallel with the ground and in line with the subframe at ride height, which is ideal. The 2" eye was too tall for my liking, both ride height and stuffed.

I have not nailed down the position in the wheel well. It is currently clamped in place. I want to get it together a bit more and make a final decision after considering all factors, or most haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed57 View Post
There you go! its in its rough stage but mine was really rough , i had to put new floors ,cab corners bottom of front fenders etc... but inch by inch ,it gets there. If i see you in a certain stage your in I would shout out what worked for me at the time and where i made mistakes so you wont make them , I'll be watchin , enjoy the build bud!
Thank you!! This cab is actually in really nice shape. I need to rebuild one corner on the passenger side (can be seen in pics) and one hinge pocket on the drivers door.
AHenry014 is offline   Reply With Quote