View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 09:55 AM   #8
SCOTI

Re: Trailing arms poly bushings - lots of extra space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson's Dad 64 C10 View Post
Sounds exactly like what I did. I drilled the old rubber out, knocked out the inner sleeve, and left the outer shell in place. Greased the new bushings and installed them. The issue is that there is extra room between the edges of the bracket and the bushings. In hindsight, a picture would be worth more than all of my words in this post! I’ll update with my final solution, but right now it’s probably just going to be a stack of washers on each side to take up the space.
Check w/Prothane to ensure there isn't some sort of mix-up on the bushings as far as width. If you know the width is correct, an oversized washer/shim (1pc for each side on a T/A) to take up the slack would work.

I would want the T/A mounting tabs to be square w/the bushing surface as it's installed into the front of the arm. Slightly compressing the bracket together (w/a C-clamp or the T/A mounting bolt) would work if needed. You could combine the 2 options to avoid the need to 'stack' shims while keeping the flange-to-bushing surfaces as square as possible.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote