View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #29
SCOTI

Re: Anyone can buy an SWB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverter View Post
Thanks much.
I like the simplicity of a mechanical linkage. If you have the time n patience you can create a one-off setup that has good throw n smoothness no matter the vehicle. Im sectioning the arms and reclocking the pedal pads on my 68. Theres nothing that cant be made better with patience and focus.
Truth.

Years ago I bought a 4spd g-body ElCamino just because it had all the parts needed. I swapped an auto set-up from a Malibu over to the Camino & the manual trans set-up over to the Malibu. Fast forward a 'few' years & now all the rage is an aftermarket hydraulic set-up. Sure tempted to stick w/the old school mechanical linkage & just make refinements where needed. After all, mechanical set-ups worked for a looooong time before the OE's switched to strictly hydraulics.

Again, glad I came across your build. I like your style. I'm pretty sure I've seen your truck before in person as well @ a meet or show somewhere.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote