View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 01:03 AM   #44
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Can you believe that I've been off work for a week and have only a couple hours here and there to work in the garage. It's insane. Anyway, I got the floor pans installed today. The outside temp got into the 40's and with my trusty propane bullet heater, I was able to get the garage warm enough to work the adhesive.

It actually got to almost 80 in there. I was a little short on the adhesive, which really sucks when you just buy one tube and the store is a 20 minute drive, and it's probably closed. I was able to spread it around enough though. I think.

I had the pans fitted in as best I could. I scribed an edge around to know where I had to clean off the paint. Took them out and used a wire wheel on the angle grinder to clean all the surfaces where the edhesive goes.

Then lay a bead of glue down, spread it with a brush, set the pan in place and clamp/screw/rivit it in place. It looks good, but I'm in no hurry to pull out the screws. I let the heater go for a couple hours after I put the glue down. I'll have to check iot out tomorrow to see if it set up properly. If it's still tacky, I start up the heater again and maybe use the heat gun. The instructions say you can cure it in an hour at 160F.

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote