View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 11:35 AM   #11
Pont
I need another Barley Pop

Thanks guys, I'm happy with the purchase. The guy I bought it from had it in his 69 Chevy 3/4 ton (it was a rolling chassis and body when I went to pick up this combo, he just sold it for $2000). Then he had this combo installed in his 80 Blazer, 8" Superlift with 38's under it. According to him, he swapped it out for an auto setup. He said that this combo worked great when he pulled it out, no bad syncros, no shifter rattle, worked perfect, blah blah blah. I'll tear it down just to make sure, look things over really good before I put it in the truck.

Mudder, LOL, I'll get on it right away so I can make Springfield , Springfield, Oregon is just south of Eugene, about 2 hours north of me! I'll bet that's not what you meant........

686970, yep, did lots of looking over my shoulder on the way home.

Yukon, I know you had a coupler made for your Rockwell but are you interested in a backup when I get my old one pulled? Let me know. Anything special I should know or look for when pulling the top off this tranny? This is a first for me.........

ljbear, I'll split the two and look for a dry coupler. When I split it, what are your recommendations for preventing this dry tendency? Axle grease on the coupler for the splines or just lube it up with gear oil? This is my first time splitting a case and tranny and first time looking into either one of these items. I've rebuilt many engines, axles and other misc stuff but never been into a tranny / t-case combo.

Thanks guys..........

04 Honda CRF450R

89 Toyota 4-Runner

34 Ford 2 door sedan - Long term project

----------------------------------------------
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
Pont is offline   Reply With Quote