View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #1

a space saver work bench

here's what i installed on the wall of the shop. it's a 3'x7' solid wood door with a lexon tuff top. this is attach to a hinged to a 2x4 that is lag bolted to the wall studs. folded down work hight is 36". there is two free hinged angle iron legs mounted to the under side of the door that free swing under there own weight as the door is moveing from the up to the work position giving the bench it's support. to put the work bench back out of the way i just lift the bench up till it's vertical and the legs move with the bench then the latch locks and holds it secure it it's storage position. the 2nd work top is 48" wide and 22" deep. it to is hinge to the under side of the fold up bench useing loom cover chain to hold it in the horizontal position. there is a fix mount light behind the small tool storage shelf for the 2'x4' work top. i added this as a extra smaller bench as when a truck is in the bay. the main 3'x7' bench is to tight to work around. i also ran a power cord to the outside edge of the bench for power tools. i think that 800 lbs would not be to much of a load for the main bench. the small 2x4 top will hold 80 lbs. the nice thing about this it out of the way till i need it and when i need it it's clean and ready to go at a moments notice.

Last edited by 463; 11-18-2009 at 07:55 PM.
463 is offline   Reply With Quote