View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #115
406 Q-ship

Re: No Limit '72 C-10

Hey Rob, there are a few of us who brought GM A-bodies to the RTTC battle too. I ran my 68 Malibu there last year and finish lower mid pack on hard tires, low horsepower, and stock brakes. There is no reason that a truck can not be competive at any event....if it is set up right. RTTC (all the pro-touring.com events for that matter) are more about getting together with like minded individuals and work out the cars, much better than the lawn chair diaper rag crowd IMHO.

Matt I am not a fan of most paddle shifters, well at least the ones on the 2010 Camaro and Corvette. The buttons for those cars are on the steering wheel so they are turned and it gets confusing fast as to which is up or down shift. Look at the systems that mount the paddles to the column (like the exotics do it) to avoid that confusion. I think the paddle shifters on most of the cars like the Camaro is more gimic than help for spirited driving. It really is a blast to shift a manual on a road course.....hmmmmm time to get out to Willow Springs with the Malibu.

Where patience fails, force prevails

Stapp's Ironical Paradox "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Last edited by 406 Q-ship; 01-27-2011 at 03:34 PM.
406 Q-ship is offline   Reply With Quote