View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #37
bigoates

Re: Ever wonder what that fiberglass front end saved you weight wise?

Hey guys, thanks for posting those pics better. I tried a few different ways and figured a slide show would be best.

The pics with the nose mounted to the truck is the truck it was on before I bought it. It was a 2wd k5 blazer pro street truck. The gentleman I bought it from wanted to put a steel nose on it to make it safer for when he drove it on the street with his wife and daughter.

As for the hinges I am not sure who makes them yet. He didn't know much about the origin either as they were on the truck when he purchased it last year.

Later on down the road I may be designing a newer beefier set of hinges (the grey pieces) because this nose is going on a tube chassis monster truck. Not sure the 1/4 brackets will be up for the punishment.

I have an appointment with a guy who builds fiberglass molds this weekend to see how uch it would cost to make me a mold of the nose so I can replace it easily if/when the truck is rolled over

It's a little easier to make a mold from a 1 piece because there are no seams to worry about which takes more labor to conceal I guess.

Oh and the front roll pan is actually steel that was nicel molded to the nose to give it a real clean look.
bigoates is offline   Reply With Quote