View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 06:13 AM   #332
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

So the only thing that the certifier failed me on in my last check was the emergency brake. It just doesn't hold enough tension to stop the truck from rolling, even on a slight slope (5-6 degrees).

So over the last week I reworked my old setup. Video Here if you dont want to read and would rather listen to me babble on for 5 minutes. :P

I started by having the shoes relined and radius matched as they were only grabbing such a small amount of the pad that it was never going to hold.
I removed the pully and eyelets and re rerouted the front cable down the side of the left chassis.
From there it goes to a t-bar which splits to two cables and includes a return spring (not mounted to the exhaust this time).
There is a short cable which runs directly to the factory left rear c4 cable, and, a longer cable which crosses the chassis to the factory right rear c4 cable. This one required the removal of the factory 58 handbrake chassis plates which wasnt to big a job.

It seems to work in testing to the fact that with 5 clicks I cant move the rear disc even with a pry bar,

Fingers crossed when I take it back to him.
Attached Images

Last edited by QBRacing; 10-08-2022 at 06:14 AM. Reason: add video link
QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote