View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #81
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

I appreciate the encouragement Bob. The project is not dead by any stretch. Between recovering and the weather, things are merely on hold until spring hits again. The down time has given me time to think a bit about what needs to be done and some minor adjustments to what is currently in play. Obviously, I need to finish painting the frame. From there I have some panels that need replacing in the cab, (corners and front floor). I am also toying with the notion of recessing the bed floor a few inches (about 2") to line the running boards up with the bottom of the cab. That, or possibly lowering the running boards to match the cab.

I have the firewall section from the donor Dodge to use for mounting the brake booster, ABS, pedal assembly and steering column. With those items out of the way, I can put the engine, back in, sort out the wiring and get it running before next winter. By then, I hope to have my shop built and I can start on the final body prep for paint...indoors.

This whole illness thing slowed me down a lot, but it takes a bit more than bleeding out to keep me down.

-Joe