Thread: New Phone
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 09:13 PM   #5
Ironhorse

Re: New Phone

Sicklajoie and Getter-Done, thanks for posting that link, I'm sure I will spend some time looking thru that PDF file. Would be nice if the cell phone manufacturers would include a printed copy with each phone tho.

Getter-Done, ran into a similar situation with the paper or hard copy needs when I was still working before I retired. Working for the Boeing A/C Co. in Wichita on the flight line, part of my job duties besides running cranes and moving aircraft was the maintenance and re-certifications and record keeping of our 17 different aircraft tow bars, 6 compressed nitrogen carts, 6 compressed air carts and 2 Liquid Oxygen carts. All had 6 month rotating due dates through out the year. Some one further up the ladder than myself decided we should have ALL that info in the computer since we could access it at any time. That worked out well until we were due in a B-52 for routine maintenance and needed to know the status of the tow bar certification. And of course, the computers were down and my Supervisor could not say for certain in a manager's meeting what the needed tow bar status was. His reply was...I'll check with Gary since he still keeps paper records on ALL the equipment. Computers are great until one can not access the info for whatever reason at the time it is needed. I did come out of the meeting with my Supervisor with an "Atta Boy". Of course we all know one "As...****" wipes out all your past "Atta Boys" in a big hurry.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote