View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 01:09 PM   #32
jocko

Re: Thoughts on a Four 2bbl intake Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
For a long time, I’ve been dreaming of building an Old School Hot Rod engine, and then find something to put it in.
If I had a 28-34 Ford Five Window coupe, this would be a slam dunk.Just for the cool factor at shows.
I think the best app would be a Road racer or Dirt track car, and not a Drag Car.
Herein lies your answer. I had the same thought - unless you are building some sort of nostalgic show truck (which it sounds like you aren't), that intake would be perfect for an older car, and the older the better (or more period correct). I love multi-carb manifolds, have run a tunnel ram in an old 57 chevy and it ran like a rocket at high rpm, but it was absolutely horrible on the street. If your long term goal is to tow around whatever vehicle you plan to put this manifold on, then I think that is a wise idea. Since you're going to be using the truck like a truck (which is awesome), I'd make the fuel system as efficient and trouble-free, with the best power improvements for your hard-earned $ as possible. 4-2's is the opposite of that.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote