View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 01:06 AM   #74
ghalperin

Re: 67 Plain Jane C10 396 build

I laid out the Pypes exhaust system, but it'll require too many mods to make it work. It probably would work on a leaf spring truck with an auto trans crossmember. I'm seaking out muffler shops to get it done.

I got my engine assembled and primed the oil. It took over half an hour before oil was weaping out of every rocker arm. The machine shop warned me that it may take 45 min. and to not give up.

All my parts came back from being zinc plated, so I reassembled my rear brakes and did the final assembly for the rear suspension.

As soon as the rear suspension was installed, I mocked up the transmission and measured for my driveshaft. It was about an inch too long. I had the driveline shop replace the u-joints, shorten and balance.

I resealed the 3 speed and mounted it to the engine. Then I installed them in the frame. It went pretty easy.

Name:  IMG_7100.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  67.0 KB

I mocked up the Camaro rear sway bar. I tried to get it to go on the rear end, but in the end I like it better on the trailing arms. It doesn't interfere with anything where I have it sitting. So far I haven't drilled any holes. What do you guys think of the location?

Name:  IMG_7101.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  54.1 KB
Name:  IMG_7102.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  50.8 KB

I also cleaned the firewall and set the cab on the frame. It's starting to look like a truck

Name:  IMG_7106.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  62.7 KB
Name:  IMG_7107.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  61.8 KB

1960 Burro Corvair/VW Buggy - Factory made in Santa Ana, Ca

1929 Ford Model A Roadster - traditional pre-war banger hot rod

Last edited by ghalperin; 05-30-2017 at 12:05 PM.
ghalperin is offline   Reply With Quote