View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #49
chrislehr
Engine n00b

Re: FNG here..... 1970 Chevy Longbed 350 (lotsa pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmer View Post
Another one just north of you in Georgetown. Looks almost like my son's. He was given a 71 Chevy shortbed by his grandfather. Those last pics you showed looked exactly like my son's. Looks like you are going to need some floor pan and most likely rocker panel and a - pillar sheet metal work. We have Just completed all of that and are now taking a breather.
Yea, eventually... Its pretty solid though and could last a while before NEEDING it - it will be more of a "when I can afford to just drop it off somewhere" I think.

All you Austin area folks - let's do a friggin meet somewhere!

I spent a long time this weekend on those floorboards and exposing everything - took the seat out for some measurements and to fix the wire that opens the passenger slider. Came out OK, but the wire was so bent up it takes a few tries now to get it to lock in place. Oh well.

Measurements were for the /gf's new project... upholstry.

Here's what I am invisioning:

All in leather, I hope, with piping on the major seams, but smooth on the seat and seatback.

Thoughts? opinions?

Took her for a ride for a while tonight, and I think the next major focus has to be the fuel tank relocation. Sick of smelling like gas all the time, and the spare room back there would eventually be nice when it comes time to think stereo.

Another weekend, another few steps of progress.

Next minor focus will be the fuel tank sending unit, and changing plugs/tranny fluid, and a rear diff rebuild.

Fun Fun Fun.

Thanks for all the support!
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote